This was our first year for a garden, it did better then I could have ever imagined. I had five tomato plants and the amount of produce that is yielding from them is in bucket fulls. So much that I started my search on how to use all of them, so they wouldn't go to waste. This recipe here I have used 6-8 times already in the last three months. I simply love it and it yields several jars, very tasty and all organic material from my garden.
How our trips to the garden are looking twice a week, I estimated over 300$ or more in total produce from the garden this year. That's a huge saving and there is nothing like fresh!
- 3-4 pounds tomatoes, I had a mix of large grape and yellow
- 1/2 of a small red onion, peeled
- 2 or 3 small jalapeño peppers, depending on heat preference
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Large handful of cilantro
- 2 splashes of red wine vinegar (about a 1/2 teaspoon)
- 1/2 of a lemon or lime, juiced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Roughly chop tomatoes, onions, and jalapeño peppers.
- Add all ingredients to the food processor.
- Pulse until desired consistency.
- Serve in a bowl with chips and veggies, or top your favorite Mexican dish.