The garden is bursting with vegitables, this sent me on a mission to look for foods that I could incoreprate all our goods with. I have 4 Kale plants and they are producing more then I can keep up with. One of m favorite simple dishes to pre pare using kale is Spaghetti with kale, lemon & garlic. Very tasty and healthy.
- Spaghetti for one (a bundle about the diameter of a dime)
- 2 tablespoons good extra virgin olive oil
- 5 sprigs lacinato kale (droopy kale is fine), very finely chopped
- Pinch red pepper flakes
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 large garlic clove, finely chopped
- Juice of 1 lemon wedge
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
When the pasta is almost done, heat the oil over medium heat in a large skillet. Add the kale, red pepper flakes to taste, and season with salt and pepper. Cook and stir for 3 or 4 minutes, until the kale starts to get a bit crisp. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, for another minute. Add drained pasta, lemon juice, and Parmesan cheese, and stir to combine. Serve immediately.
TIME: 15 minutes – MAKES: Serving for 1 (Double or quadruple the recipe as needed, puling the extra kale on top at the end)
This was found on keepitskinny
Kale fresh from my garden!!