I have discovered pintrest and all the really neat and cool diy kid crafts that are posted there, this Saturday I decided to make a race track out of a pool noddle! I found the idea from ramblingsfromutopia and had to try it, I posted our DIY turnout. Caleb couldn't wait for his buddies to come over so they could race, cheap and easy entertainment!
Just to say, this time of year is quite a challenge to find pool noodles!! We originally set out to find a larger noodle that a car could make it down, but only found small centered hole ones and then decided to convert to a marble race.
1. cut the noodle in half with a serrated knife, I used a basic kitchen knife [they cut easy]
2. once the noodle is in two pieces lay them side by side and insert toothpicks where the two halves of the foam touch each other
3. use as many toothpicks as need to hold the noodle tracks tight together
4. with nose pliers [I used wire cutters] clip the ends of the tooth picks flush to the noodle
5. for the flags: heavy card stock and toothpicks, create small flags for along the sides of the track
with card stock cut rectangles Start and Finish, then I cut bamboo skewers down to size leaving the pointed end exposed (makes it easier to insert into the foam) then used Aleene's Tacky glue I glued the two pieces of card stock together with the cut ends of the wooden skewers in between